INFRAGARD NATIONAL MEMBERS ALLIANCE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You, the user, understand and agree that InfraGard National Members Alliance (INMA) Systems (which include but are not limited to INMA email, INMA Office 365, INMA websites, INMA on-line data storage, INMA hardware, INMA software hereinafter collectively referred to as INMA Systems) are intended only for lawful and non-harmful purposes as described below. The following terms describe permitted and prohibited uses and may be referred to as our acceptable use policy (“AUP”):
- InfraGard Members Alliance Use Only. The mission of INMA is to represent and to enable the local InfraGard Members Alliances to actively manage the national issues that affect private sector participation in the InfraGard program for the purpose of protecting our nation’s critical infrastructures from both physical and cyber threats. You may use this service for any purpose that is consistent with this mission, including community outreach and INMA fund raising. Notwithstanding, personal or non-INMA related advertising, personal or non-INMA related selling, and personal or non-INMA related solicitation are strictly prohibited.
- Your Security Obligations. As an authorized user, it is your responsibility to secure your computer equipment so that it is not subject to external threats such as viruses, spam, and other methods of intrusion. You confirm that you assume all risk and liability of any use of the systems through your account, and you are obligated to comply with this policy. You are responsible to promptly report the theft, loss, or unauthorized disclosure of INMA Confidential Information. As used in this Policy, “Confidential Information” refers all InfraGard and InfraGard National related information that was created, collected, received, retrieved, stored, or transmitted by the user or other InfraGard members while the user is serving on an InfraGard National committee or from use of an InfraGard National account. to any information that may cause any form of harm to InfraGard National or its Chapters, the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), members of either organization, the interests of the nation, or law-abiding citizens. Confidentiality also includes information that may cause financial harm to InfraGard National, including but not limited to technical information, including patent, copyright, trade secret, and other proprietary information, techniques, sketches, drawings, models, inventions, know-how, processes, apparatus, algorithms, software programs, software source documents, and formulae related to the current, future and proposed products and services, of InfraGard National and its partners. Confidentiality detailed this policy shall apply to past, present, and future information or other elements mentioned in this paragraph and include business plans, products, and services.
- Lawful Use Only. You may not use this service in any manner or for any purpose that is, or reasonably might be, held to be unlawful, including but not limited to: child pornography; violation of any patent, copyright trademark, or other intellectual property rights; engaging in an illegal soliciting scheme; harassment; or using the service to commit or attempt to commit a crime, including crimes of fraud and misrepresentation.
- Harmful Uses. You may not use this service in any manner or for any purpose that is, or INMA determines reasonably may be, harmful to INMA, or other users, including, but not limited to: any activity that adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to access internet-based resources; intentionally uploading or sending viruses, worms, malware, corrupt files, Trojan horses, denial of service (“DOS”) attacks; or any other similar data, applications or software which may harm another user, or this system. You also may not intentionally transmit unwanted, malicious, or harmful traffic, such as: spam, phishing, spoofing, stalking, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful; or any other use that generates complaints by other network or Internet users or in INMA’s reasonable judgment might expose INMA to liability to third parties.
- Monitoring and Ownership of the Data. All Confidential Information, as defined above, is the sole property of INMA. The Confidential Information belongs to INMA regardless of location or form, INMA reserves the right to disclose Confidential Information accessed, created, or stored by user to law enforcement or any other federal, state, or regulatory entity. As owner, INMA hereby grants you a revocable, limited right to access, view, create or use the Confidential Information in accordance with this Policy. INMA reserves the right to terminate a user’s access to any or all INMA Systems at any time for any reason without prior notice. INMA does not routinely monitor the activity of accounts for violation of this AUP but reserves the right to do so. INMA will respond appropriately if it becomes aware of inappropriate or unlawful use.
The provisions of this AUP are not meant to be exhaustive. Additionally, INMA reserves the right at all times to prohibit activities that damage INMA’s reputation and goodwill or may affect the quality of its services.